Criminalisation of migration and solidarity
Support for those affected
We work across Europe with people affected (e.g. iuventa10) and support them in networking with relevant actors, during their trial, fundraising and campaign work.
The focus of our work is on supporting people from third countries, often refugees themselves, who usually have no or very limited financial resources and support structures in Europe and receive little public attention. This is done in close cooperation with local NGOs such as Porco Rosso in Sicily, Legal Centre Lesvos and Equal Rights Beyond Borders in Greece.
Since November 2019, our work is supported by a solidarity fund established for this purpose especially, which was created thanks to the donation of the book proceeds of "Action not Hope" by Sea-Watch captain Carola Rackete & Anne Weiss.
See for example.: The case of Hamza Haddi & Mohamed Haddar
Research & documentation
We do research and document both political events and developments, as well as cases of criminalisation and prepare them in the form of reports, analyses and info materials.
- Solidarity with Martine Landry, article (2020)
- Cedric Herrou erneut festgenommen, article (2019)
- Moria 35 - Rassismus im Gerichtssaal, article (2018)
- Kriminalisierung der Seenotrettung, collection of articles (2016 - 2020)
- Criminalization of flight and escape aid, Report (2017)
Outreach and awareness campaigns
Through public events, actions and campaigns, we inform and sensitize a broad public about the increasing criminalization, the associated practices and their effects and organize resistance.
- Film screening: The Valley: Kriminalisierung von Migration & Solidarität in Frankreich
- Panel discussion: Criminalization of solidarity
- Film and event series: Moria 35
- Selection of solidarity campaigns & statements: Freedom for Hamza & Mohamed, Bail Request for the El Hiblu 3, Freilassung aller Rettungsschiffe JETZT!