Controversies in European migration policies – Granting Protection vs. Border Control
The controversy in the European migration policy around the issue of so-called "illegal entry" shows a fundamental conflict of European values: the search for protection against persecution meets high-security boundaries which make the access to protection possibilities virtually impossible. From Germany to Greece, from Austria to Italy, we investigated irregular entry and the fight against "smuggling" in the context of international, EU-European and national laws and policies.
Asyl in Not (A), borderline-sicilia (I) and borderline-europe (D), conducted within the framework of the EU program "Europe for Citizens" a research and event project from 01.10.2015 to 31.3.2017 in which this field was examined in the individual countries and the results were presented in public events.
The first event of this project was the 2nd International Tugboat and Schleusenkonference from 16 - 18 October. 2015 in the Munich Kammerspielen. (http://iss2015.eu/)
The study was published on May 18 2017. More informationa nd documentation can be found at www.crimig.wordpress.com
- Criminalization of Flight and Escape Aid - borderline-europe; Bellezza / Calandrino
- Abschlussbericht des Projektes Kidem_06_2017
- Riepilogo del “country report ITALIA”
- Controversie nella politica migratoria europea - La concessione della protezione contro la sicurezza dei confini (KideM)
- Kidem Eventi in Italia 2016-2017
- Kidem events in Italy 2016-2017
- Entkriminalisierung für Fluchthelfer*innen
- Kidem First Report 05_2016