Situation of refugees and migrants in Italy
Here you will find information and updates about the situation of refugees and migrants in Italy.
The "Scirocco" is our brief info from Italy, inspired by the southeasterly wind that regularly blows across the Mediterranean to the north, our Scirocco brings the latest news from the south. Every two weeks we report around the topics of migration & sea rescue and the latest political and social developments in Italy.
Scirocco - News in brief 2023
Scirocco Part 1 | Scirocco Part 2 | Scirocco Part 3 | Scirocco Part 4 | Scirocco Part 5 | Scirocco Part 6 | Scirocco Part 7 | Scirocco Part 8 | Scirocco Part 9
Publications in the year 2022/23
- “La Sicilia non dimentica - La situazione dei migranti e dei rifugiati alle frontiere esterne dell’Europa”, Rapporto sul progetto 2022 (Italian)
- Joint Press release: Landmark court ruling shows Italian coast guard and navy responsible for deaths of 268 refugees, January 2023
- Reporting on the local elections in Sicily - June 2022: Sicily's local political line is experiencing a significant shift to the right. The election is marked by various inconsistencies and a record low election turnout.
- Basta navi quarantena! - Marzo 2022 (Italian): March 2022: Two years after the establishment of the quarantine ships, we call on the government to put an end to the system of quarantine ships and to put in place procedures that guarantee security, the right to asylum, personal freedom and a dignified reception of persons arriving on Italian territory.
- Privato invece di stato: L'efficacia dell’assistenza a richiedenti asilo e beneficiari di protezione in Italia
Our publications of the past years can be found here.
For any further information, please contact us via: firstname.lastname@example.org